The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) regulates the use of nuclear energy and materials.
The Agency’s mandate involves the following four key areas:
- Regulating the development, production and use of nuclear energy in Canada
- Regulating the production, possession, use and transport of nuclear substances, and the production, possession and use of prescribed equipment and prescribed information
- Implementing measures pertaining to international control of the development, production, transport and use of nuclear energy and substances
- Disseminating scientific, technical and regulatory information concerning the activities of CNSC, and the effects on the environment, on the health and safety of persons, of the development, production, possession, transport and use of nuclear substances
For Single Window, there are three government programs that falls under CNSC:
- Nuclear Substances and Equipment
For information about the data element rationales for each Program, visit:
Intended use and Program conditions
Conditions may apply to determine if data needs to be submitted to the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission for the above program. For details about these program conditions, please refer to the info sheet below.
For more information about the Program overseen by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, and data requirements under Single Window, refer to the ECCRD Addendum.
ECCRD Client Requirements Document
ECCRD Addendum 1.1 Oct 2019
ECCRD Addendum 2.2 Mar 2022
Regulated Commodities Criteria Tables
Import Declaration Form – Off-road CI/Large SI Engine
Import Declaration Form – Off-road CI/Large SI Replacement Engine
Trust Livingston with your CNSC imports
The customs and trade experts at Livingston are here to help. With a full staff of Canadian regulatory affairs experts, we know the CNSC requirements in detail, and are ready to help ensure your compliance is maintained.
Livingston is committed to a seamless SWI integration process for our current customers, and we are ready to support new customers with their SWI needs, including their CNSC and other PGA requirements.
We endeavor to keep the information on this page up to date and correct, however some details may have changed since our last update. Content on this page was last updated on November 12, 2018.